OPI Black Spotted

11:16 PM

Hello!

I've got an AWESOME polish to show you! It's OPI Black Spotted! Some of you may already have heard of this polish because everybody is talking about it now! It's becoming so popular. Sadly this polish is only sold at Sephora in France. It's a France exclusive polish. I don't live in France but I had the chance to get it! Yay~ In fact I so wanted this polish that I took my afternoon off and drove to the nearest French city to buy it....yes, I know, that's sound a bit crazy...lol I wouldn't do that normally but this polish is so special and cool, I couldn't miss it!

This polish is part of the Spiderman collection and replaces the Green Shatter that is part of the US Spiderman collection. In Switzerland, we seem to have neither Green Shatter nor Black Spotted.

For the swatches below, I used 2 coats of Essie Blue Rhapsody, let it dry completely and then applied a very thin coat of Black Spotted.

1 coat of OPI Black Spotted over 2 coats of Essie Blue Rhapsody.





I didn't apply any top coat because I was scared it will peel off. And while I'm at it, I'd like to thank Tenshi because she made me aware of this gorgeous polish. I would have missed it otherwise. So thanks!! 

So I did't use any top coat and look what happened after 24h.

24h old manicure. I didn't use any top coat here.

It seems I lost some Black Spotted on my nails...but I still love the design! Black Spotted didn't peeled or chipped in fact. I didn't notice there was a change until I looked at it carefully....
Next time, I'll try it with top coat because, it's written on the label to use top coat! so maybe it will seal the design better.

I also noticed you can achieve different results according on how you apply it.
Here is a summary of the different looks you can get.


On the label, it's written you should use VERY VERY thin coats. And that's true because if you use too thick coats you won't have any spots. To apply thin coats, just wipe the brush on the neck of the bottle to make sure there isn't too much on it.
  • 1) If you apply it like you would apply a shatter, i.e., without repassing with the brush on the polish you've just applied, you'll have few big spots.

Si vous l'appliquez de la même manière que vous appliqueriez un shatter, càd sans repasser avec votre pinceau par dessus le vernis que vous venez de déposer, vous allez obtenir quelques grands spots.

  • 2) If you don't apply any top coat, the spots will getter bigger because some of the polish will really slowly disappear. However, it will still look nice and pretty. And it doesn't create any chip in the base polish.

Si vous n'appliquez pas de top coat, les spots vont s'agrandir car le Black Spotted va disparaître un peu, mais très lentement. Cependant, votre manicure d'un point de vue général aura toujours un aspect soigné et très joli.

  • 3) Contrarily to #1, if you repaint  again and again over your previous coat (without dipping your brush in the bottle again), the more you do it, the small the spots will get. You will also get more spots. So more spots, but smaller.
Contrairement au style numéro 1, si vous repassez par dessus la couche que vous venez de déposer, vous allez obtenir plus de petits spots. En fait, plus vous repassez avec votre pinceau (sans avoir retrempé le pinceau dans le flacon) sur la couche précédente, plus vous allez obtenir de spots. Ceux-ci vont par la même occasion devenir de plus en plus petits.
  • 4) If your base color is not competely dry, you will get some thin cracks.
Si votre vernis de base n'est pas complètement sec, des petites craquelures vont se former.

I also painted different colors on a nail wheel and then applied Black Spotted. Here for most of them, I repainted over the same nail 5-10x (without dipping the brush in the bottle) to get lots of small spots.

l-r: Essie Mint Candy Apple, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Butter London Cheeky Chops, Essie Blue Rhapsody, China Glaze Sunrise, Illamasqua Jo'Mina, Illamasqua Stance, China Glaze Riveting, OPI We'll Always Have Paris Suede, Glitter Gal Fuchsia 3D/Holo, Skin Food Pedicure Sparkle 01 Sparkle Gold, Nicole by OPI Something Spar-Kylie, Missha Silver, H&M Wawawoom, The Face Shop PK01 (Platinium collection). 

1: OPI Guy Meets Gal-Veston, 2: Essie Mint Candy Apple, 3: OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, 4: Butter London Cheeky Chops, 5: Essie Blue Rhapsody.

6: China Glaze Sunrise, 7: Illamasqua Jo'Mina, 8: Illamasqua Stance, 9: China Glaze Riveting, 10: OPI We'll Always Have Paris Suede, 11: Glitter Gal Fuchsia 3D/Holo.

12: Skin Food Pedicure Sparkle 01 Sparkle Gold, 13: Nicole by OPI Something Spar-Kylie, 14: Missha Silver, 15: H&M Wawawoom, 16: The Face Shop PK01 (Platinium collection).
As you can see on the above picture, it doesn't work well with NOPI Something Spar-Kylie, which is a glitter polish. I guess the texture is too rough to work well. It works better if the surface of the nail is smooth.

l-r: Essie Blue Rhapsody (repassed with the brush several times on the coat you've just painted), Essie Blue Rhapsody (without repassing on what you already painted), over nothing (also without repassing with the brush over the polish).

Glitter Gal Fuchsia 3D/Holo. Black Spotted was applied before the base polish was completely dry.


I really love the different effects you can get with this polish and I especially love that Black Spotted is very thin. You final result will be a smooth nail contrarily to what you get with shatters. It looks neater and cleaner in my opinion. And it's also much easier to apply Black Spotted than shatters. It's really easy to work with and fun!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe